8 Mar 2014

StudentFood: Red Lentil Curry

I've been talking about publishing tasty and budget friendly recipes for a while now so I thought it was about time. I've had a bag of red lentils in my cupboard for a while, I bought it from the supermarket on curry mile just after I moved in. I've never been brave enough to take the plunge and actually do something with it until today when I suddenly fancied red lentils so I went to the kitchen and literally got together what was left in the cupboard and fruit/veg basket and created this quick and easy meal. I am definitely going to make this more often, maybe add some more things to it and I also want to experiment a bit more with lentils in general.



1:2 red lentils and vegetable stock
1 carrot
1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
100 ml coconut milk
2 tsp madras curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
salt

  • chop up the onions, garlic and carrot into little cubes. 
  • heat some oil in a pan and stir fry the veg for about 5 minutes, then add the spices. 
  • add the vegetable stock and then stir in the lentils. 
  • leave to simmer until the lentils are soft (about 15 minutes). 
  • add the coconut milk and salt to taste. 


Magdalena.




1 comment:

James said...

If you let this set hard in the fridge you can also eat it as pate!