16 Mar 2014

Graze Box #1 (a little intro)

I've been meaining to try Graze box for a while, probably since I first saw one of their vouchers lying around in Smiths. However it's taken me a while (well, and the fact that when I first found out about them I didn't actually live in the UK) but thanks to Tilly and her code I finally got around to ordering my first box. That was a few weeks ago now so I thought it was about time I did a little blog post about it and if you guys enjoy it I might do some more in the future about my boxes and what I think about the snacks.

I am probably a little weird when it comes to snacks. I'm not much of a snack person when it comes to buying things. I don't like crisps (I know, shock, horror!) and I only very rarely buy sweets unless I really really want some (which, luckily, only happens rarely). I do however still really like to have things to snack, I'm just never really sure what would be the right thing for me. So Graze is pretty much the perfect thing for me.

For those of you who haven't heard of them I'll just explain it to you briefly. Basically you subscribe to their snack boxes and you can choose whether you want them twice a week, every week or every other week (which is what I do, you know, the money).

 
You can then go on their website and look through all the snacks they have in their repertoire and rate them as either 'BIN' which means they won't send it to you, 'TRY', 'LIKE' and 'LOVE' which basically define how regularly they are going to send it to you. You also get the option of ticking 'Send Soon' if you are particularly eager to try something (I do this all the time).

Each box is £ 3.89 and you can get voucher codes which means you get your first, fifth and tenth box for free, you can use my code by clicking HERE. You get four snacks per box which may not sound like too much but I think they're reasonably sized and for me they're perfect to take to uni and are definitely all I need for those two weeks they have to last me for.

So now on to my first box.




I got really excited when I got home from uni one evening and my first box was waiting for me. That's how beauty bloggers must feel about beauty boxes, to me, food is the most exciting thing ever! So I brought it upstairs to my room and took some pictures of it straight away. Excuse the artificial lighting and all that, didn't quite know how to use my camera yet (in fact I still don't but shh).


I opened it and saw some of the things that I had put on my 'Send Soon' list which made me really happy, and some that I hadn't seen before which made me excited to try them. They're all individually packed which is handy, although I feel a bit guilty about the whole plastic thing which is a bit annoying. Anyway, I'll quickly run you through the snacks that I got, in case you want to try some of them yourself.

Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl - This is really nice! you get normal dried blueberries and some that are coated in yogurt. personally I'd never tried dried blueberries before but I love cranberries which you also get with this,  I'd definitely have it again.

Lightly Toasted Pistachios - Need I say more. To me pistachios are like a holiday, which could be because we always used to buy them in Greece and it just makes me think about that. These are pretty straight forward, you get quite a lot in this which I really like.

Herby Bread Basket - In this you get garlic crostini, mini basil breadsticks and oregano rice crackers. This is definitely the right thing if you're inty herbs and crispy snacks. I found some of them a bit intense but I possibly shouldn't have had all of them within like ten minutes.

British Applewood Smoked Beef Jerky - This is possibly the thing that I was most excited about when I opened my box, I had clicked on 'Send Soon' for this one because I had never tried beef jerky and it just sounded so amazing. Well, what can I say, I wasn't disappointed. I love the smokey taste about this and the tomato relish works really well with it. Definitely worth a try, even though it might seem weird.

So that was my first graze box. Let me know what you think about this post and if you'd like to see my future boxes (because I know I love to be nosey about things like that). And also let me know if you've tried graze and have some snacks you'd recommend to me.

Magdalena.




No comments: