15 Jul 2013

A WEEK IN MEALS #12

wow, I can't believe I've been sticking to this feature for 12 weeks now (well, I did take a break for like two weeks in between but still). and I also can't believe how much has happened since I started this. I do love sharing my weekly meals with you guys and it's also a good way to tell you what I've been up to recently so it's kind of food and lifestyle in one, and for those who only want to see the food there's the pictures.

last week I mastered my last exam at uni in austria and it's good to have it all over and done with but it also made me kind of sad somehow. I've also had the chance to spend a day with my mum watching gilmore girls and eating junk food just as it should be. but let's get started and I'll tell you about it all in a bit more detail while you look at the pictures of the food.


 

monday was mostly spent studying and when I get up early to do that I sometimes forget about breakfast, which means around 11 I remembered and went to the kitchen to grab this mozzarella, tomato and ham semmel which kept me going for a while. later that day I had what was left of the chicken stew I made sunday (see in last week's post here) and I also thought it would be a good idea to make blueberry pancakes as a dessert, turned out it was actually a great idea! I shall be posting the recipe for these really soon.


this was the last day before my exam so my mum made dinner, she made pork in the wok with all sorts of vegetables and feta that's the name I gave it because I'm not very creative right now. for tea I had some toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with cranberry sauce which were actually amazing.


wednesday, the day of the exam. I chose to watch some more science videos instead of breakfast but got myself a ham and cheese roll on my way to uni, but I was too busy to take a picture of it. in the afternoon after my exam I made myself a little extrawurst salad with pumpkin seed oil as a little treat after the exam.


this was the day me and my mum decided to spend (basically) all day watching gilmore girls and eating junk food, and as you can't really get a good burger take away (shocking I know) anywhere near us we went for the next best suitable option which is kebap (chicken kebap to be precise) and soooo good. later on we had another extrawurst salad and I have to say it's just always better when my mum makes it.


on friday me and the girls went to vienna because one of my friends had to register for university there, I was all excited to go with her and stuff as I love things like that (obviously not when I have to do it myself, but when I can help people or at least act like it). it was a really nice day and we had a great time, I'll be telling about about the whole day in more detail in a post soon. but the most important thing is that we always go to a lovely modern italian restaurant where they have the best pasta, I had salsiccia con fichi which is lovely spicy italian sausage with figs in a tomato sauce, it was amazing.


on saturday I was invited to a friends birthday party which we celebrated on the roof of her house with pizza, cake and cider. there's no better way to spend your saturday evening I'm sure.


sunday was spent doing a few hours of work in the morning and then heading to my dad's for some food. we had a lovely greek salad as a starter and a tomato courgette soup as a second starter I suppose? then we had loads (and I mean loads!) of prawns with herb butter which were so yum but I just couldn't eat any more after that. after the meal my brother joined us too and we actually managed to sit there until around 9 in the evening. I love days like this.


well that's another week gone and a new one has just started. I hope you liked this post and please let me know what you liked about it and also tell me what your favourite meal this week was, I need inspiration too! have a great week everyone.

Magdalena.



13 comments:

Lyndsay ♡ said...

Hey! New follower here, I found you through Sami's (that redhead said) blog. That is a LOT of amazing yummy food, great idea for a post! Can't wait to read more.. :)


Lyndsay xx
www.fizzypeaches.com

Just Me Leah said...

Oh God, if I win the lottery will you be my live in chef?! x x

Magdalena Hannah said...

oh yeah that sounds good! :) xx

Just Me Leah said...

Yay, c'mon Lotto win! x x

Samantha Minny said...

It looks very tasty...all of it!
Do you watch Gilmore Girls in English or German? I have the full collection and I'm rewatching it at the moment. I'm up to Season 3 so far and I'm loving it more than the first time I watched it!
xxx
Ps. thanks for making my breakfast reading :D

Sunae @ Little Foal said...

PRAWNS! I love prawns! That pasta looks amazing, too actually, and so do those pancakes! I can't wait for you to post the recipe :) xx

Magdalena Hannah said...

prawns are amazing! thank you sooo much! I got it all written down just need to get nice photos together and then it'll be up soon :) xx

Magdalena Hannah said...

thank you so much :) I watch it in German when I watch it with my mum, I love it in English though!
I haven't watched it for ages so it's so nice to watch it again!

and no worries, glad you got to read it :) have a good day! :)

xx

being erica said...

OMG mags! i need you to send me a recipe book, stat!

Trampstudent said...

Never come across semmel before, looks really good! Love all things bread. This is pretty impressive!

Magdalena Hannah said...

it's a very austrian kind of bread, usually it's plain without seeds on top though. they're amazing! xx

Magdalena Hannah said...

when's your birthday? ;) xx

helen at thelovecatsinc said...

all the food looks so good! (following btw, thought i already was!)

from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

ps. enter my new giveaway to win a goodie bag of beauty products! click here.